We approach SEO differently with every project. Here are the basic steps for SEO that we follow when starting any campaign.
1. Perform an Initial Website Audit
This is about discovering any issues with your website code and content. We look at things like site architecture, URL structure, web code, and others. Then we resolve any issues accordingly. We also look at the site’s current performance.
2. User Experience (UX) Checkup
We test the customer journey from when a visitor arrives on your website. Do the buttons work properly? Does the website look good on mobile? How is the checkout process? These are some of the questions that we answer during a UX checkup.
3. Keyword Research
This is the process of discovering the kind of phrases or terms the target audience uses online. Specific to what they use on search engines. Once discovered, we develop a plan to target the search terms with content.
These terms will relate to your business products or services in some way. They can be direct or indirect in relation to your offerings. For example, the term, ‘how to build a website’, is a good candidate for most web hosting companies.
4. Content Marketing Plan
As noted earlier, we target search terms with content and this requires a sound plan. We develop a content marketing plan around the terms we find during keyword research.
Content marketing is about publishing valuable content that can attract the intended audience. But it doesn’t work well if the niche is too saturated with good content. So we assess saturation levels first.
We tweak the plan if the niche is saturated. We can do that in any of the following ways depending on the business situation.
- Limit the content we publish on your blog or website to core consumer-driven articles. Then focus on external sites while making sure each website receives significant traffic.
- Find a way to leverage user-generated content. For example, a teacher can create a public forum where students can ask questions.
- Use paid promotion to move certain content on the company blog.
- Identify what the competitors aren’t doing. We can then scale content production for that area so it becomes harder for other brands to compete.
- Look to see if the competition has a lot of in-depth content. If not, we can focus on creating useful and in-depth content.
The above-mentioned strategies are some ways we can approach content marketing. But it’ll depend on the business situation.
5. Link Building Strategy
Link building is the process of acquiring links to your company site from other websites. Search engines use links as a ranking factor. It’s one factor search engines use to evaluate web pages but important.
We build backlinks based on how you serve consumers. Do you serve customers locally, nationally, or internationally? Each situation will require different tactics.
Now You Know How We Roll
Some of the content on our website may contain affiliate links. You can read our affiliate disclosure here.